About Me

My photo
Gleneagles, Perthshire/Kinross, United Kingdom
I have been a professional chef for 8 years and have worked all across Canada, Bermuda, Scotland and England. I did my 3 year apprenticeship at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto Ontario under Executive Chef John K. Cordeaux. Upon completion of my apprenticeship I transfered to the Fairmont Southampton Princess in Bermuda. For one year I was in charge of the sauce station at the Waterlot Inn Steak House. From there I moved to the Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland to work the Sauce and Grill stations of the Strathearn.

Tuesday 15 December 2009

London











I had the pleasure of having a four day work experience at London's famous Dorchester Hotel. For four days I worked from morning till night and experienced every one of the seven food outlets. I was given full access to the outlets, chefs, and staff. I worked in The Grill restaurant, The Promanade, Room service, Pastry, I help execute 2 Krugg Champagne Room dinners, I assisted a 280 person function for the ballroom, and worked in the rising 2 michelin star Alain Ducasse. Working in the Alain Ducasse restaurant has been one of the brightest highlights in my culinary career. After the four working days I explored London for a day then flew on to Rome. Once I returned from Rome I celebrated my Birthday with my good friend Jun Kim. The Next day I woke up a six am and made my way to Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley Hotel currently the best restaurant in London with 2 Michelin stars. There I worked and observed from the Garnish/Entremetier section for 18 hours. I met Marcus Wareing in the morning who seemed relaxed and calm but at the same time extremely focused. It was an intense none stop 18 hour day!

No comments:

Post a Comment